Quality Engineer (QE)
Phoenix, AZ | Full Time and Part Time
The Quality Engineer (QE) will work closely with other Automation Specialists to build / maintain an automated testing framework that facilities rapid development of test cases. The selected candidate will work closely with manual testers to automate existing test cases with the primary goal of reducing test execution time while increasing test coverage.
- Work with automated and manual team members to define the correct set of tests to automate
- Define metrics that can be used to track automated test development progress
- Reduction of test execution time and increase in test coverage
- Improvements to test accuracy and repeatability
Knowledge & Experience
- Expert knowledge of developing automated test suites with scripting (not only record / playback)
- Strong and recent experience with developing or working within an automated testing framework
- Comprehensive awareness of all types of software testing types (functionality, performance, stress, regression etc.. )
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Possesses great attention to detail while also thinking abstractly when needed
- Understand complex systems and thinks creatively about testing them
- Capable of automating repetitive tasks while knowing when manual testing is the best approach
- Team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Collaborative in driving decisions.