Phoenix, AZ | Full Time and Part Time
The Scrum Master will be responsible for one or more Scrum teams. The successful candidate will be considered a subject-matter expert, have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference. We need an individual that puts the team before themselves. They will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Scrum, removing impediments from their team while promoting self-management and constantly improving our standards of work.
Liaison & Communication
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
- Communicate with other management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Assist as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevents distractions.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Empower the team to self-organize.
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years project management experience and 2+ years of Scrum Master experience.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the software development life-cycle.
- Understanding of organization’s development platform and languages.
- Ability to understand technical issues.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential.
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Collaborative in driving decisions.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.