Agile is a philosophy for delivering solutions that embraces and promotes evolutionary change throughout the life-cycle of a product/project. Many teams and organizations have been using Agile to deliver software faster, increase quality and ultimately increase customer satisfaction. The Agile manifesto can be accessed at www.agilemanifesto.org.
Manifesto for Agile Software Development
We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work we have come to value:
Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
Working software over comprehensive documentation
Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
Responding to change over following a plan
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
Principles behind the Agile Manifesto
We follow these principles:
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer’s competitive advantage.
- Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
- Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is face-to-face conversation.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity–the art of maximizing the amount of work not done–is essential.
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
We specialize in Scrum, XP, Kanban and SAFe. We will tailor the right Agile methodology to fit your organization. Our Agile experts will partner with you to create the ideal Agile/Lean adoption path for your organization to reach their goals.
Below is our typical Agile Coaching engagement for new clients…
- Assessment– complimentary coaching session
- Alignment – interviewing targeted members of the organization to understand the current situation (point A) and describe the desired destination (point B)
- 90 Day Plan – based on the alignment sessions a plan that includes a prioritized backlog of improvement opportunities is created and prioritized with the client
- Education – Agile implementations require both a top-down and bottom-up approach/support, which can be achieved with a consistent message about what is Agile and the potential impacts to the organization
- Workshops – based on the needs of the organization, various workshops can be delivered (team building, visual mapping, story writing, estimation, release planning, etc…)
- Coaching – the coaching can vary from on-site to virtual, as well as full-time vs. part-time, but a weekly phone call with the team that produced the 90 Day Plan is mandatory
- Support – Unlimited email support and/or brief occasional check-in calls with the assigned Principal Coach
For most Agile engagements, we provide two levels of Agile coaching, in order to fully support your initial implementation and continue your journey on the path of continuous improvement. This does not mean that you will always have multiple coaches at the same time.
The goal is to to provide coaching where/when it’s needed. Agile is all about modifying human behaviors by following values and principles. Therefore influencing your culture and people to achieve greater results. We will focus on educating all the levels of your organization and work directly with your teams to become Agile.
- Principal Coach (strategic) – to assess and create your plan and keep you accountable all along the way
- Delivery Coach (tactical) – working directly with your teams and individuals to provide direct coaching
Talk to a coach now to better understand your specific needs; and receive a complimentary coaching session.